Camino de Santiago 2016

Every single one of us possesses the strength to attempt something he isn't sure he can accomplish. It can be running a mile, or a 10 k race, or 100 miles. It can be changing a career, losing 5 lbs., or telling someone you love her (or him).
-- Scott Jurek

Old age is the time to be dangerous. Dangerously fun loving, dangerously alive . . . This is the time to do every single thing we can possibly do with all the life we can bring to it. This is the time to live with an edge, with strength, with abandon. There is nothing for which to save our energy. Now it is simply time to spend time well.
-- Joan Chittister

Monday, April 29, 2013

Peru and the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu

In one week, I'll be off to Peru for an eleven day adventure. Although we'll be seeing several ruins in the Sacred Valley in the Cusco region, the highlight will be a four day hike on the Inca Trail ending at Machu Picchu. One of my friends, who dislikes Facebook even more than I do, suggested that I use my blog to describe the adventure and post pictures. I have no idea if I can do that from my iPad and from Peru, especially considering how very challenged I am with technology. It took me two hours to change the layout of this blog, and even longer to figure out how to blog from the iPad. But I have my trusty iPad keyboard thanks to my great son and his wife, a pretty decent camera, and a little patience. We shall see.
Now for a test of whether I can figure out how to post a picture from the iPad.



So here's a picture of the tulip farm I took a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment